News & Events
Our Spring Fashion Show was a tremendous success! It is a huge undertaking to prepare for this event. I want to thank Vice President Margie Logan and everyone who had a hand in making this a memorable day. Many factors contribute to the success of any event, and I want to thank you all. A special thank you goes out to Dress Barn for the beautiful fashions that were modeled and for supporting our organization. Please remember to mention you are a Ladies Auxiliary Member when shopping at Dress Barn to receive a discount. Next up is our Lady of the Year Dinner on Tuesday, May 7th so please make sure your dues are paid if you want to attend. This is going to be a very special evening and I hope to see you there.
Lisa Kahl, President
Tuesday, April 2nd at 7:00pm sharp is the next membership meeting. The slate of officers for the 2019/2020 auxiliary year will be presented at this meeting and nominations from the floor will be open. Nominees must be a member in good standing and permission from the nominee must be obtained prior to being nominated.
LADY OF THE YEAR CELEBRATION
Tuesday, May 7th our meeting will begin promptly at 6:45pm followed by the Lady of the Year award presentation and celebration with a family style dinner and cash bar for adult beverages and a DJ for dancing! The Cost is $25 per auxiliary member (non-refundable) and only members in good standing can attend. Knights in good standing are welcomed to join the event for $25 per person as well. If you have not paid your dues, you must reach out to Amy Bermudez, PP Financial Secretary: 516-384-9566. All payments are due by 4/30/19 as a headcount for dinner is required prior to the event. NO PAYMENTS will be accepted the night of the meeting. Contact Lisa Kahl, President at: 516-633-1376
to make a payment in person or by mail.
2019/2020 SLATE OF OFFICERS
There were no nominations off the floor at the April 2019 membership meeting. Nominations were closed and the slate is as follows:
- President: Kim Marchetti
- Vice President: Lisa James
- Recording Secretary: Ro Prendergast
- Corresponding Secretary: Lenette Cuevas, PP
- Treasurer: Tricia Daley
- Three Year Trustee: Lisa Kahl, PP
- Two Year Trustee: Vanessa Ambrosecchia, PP
- One Year Trustee: Jane Magno-D’Anna, PP
- Financial Secretary: Amy Bermudez, PP
- Sergeant-at-Arms: Noreen McCabe
Tuesday, June 4th at 7pm will be the Installation of Auxiliary Officers for the year 2019/2020. The cost for members in good standing will be $20pp. Fee will be reimbursed to you at the dinner. This includes a delicious family style dinner, soda and dessert. Cash bar for adult beverages. Knights in good standing and guests are invited to the dinner at $25pp non-refundable. RSVP is a must and all funds must be collected by May 23rd. Payments can be made at the May 4th Membership Meeting/LOTY Dinner. Checks made payable to "Ladies Auxiliary" can be dropped off or mailed to the Council: 2985 Kenneth Place, Oceanside. Attention: Jane Magno-D'Anna, PP. Please call Vanessa Ambrosecchia, PP at: 516-551-5275
or Jane Magno-D'Anna, PP at: 516-425-2768
with any questions. Don’t be left out and see you on the dance floor as our DJ Rocks the music. Let’s get ready to party!
MEMORIAL DAY PARADE
Monday, May 27th we will meet at 7:45am in the Towers Funeral Home Parking Lot. All members and their family are welcomed and encouraged to walk in the parade. Any questions, please contact Lisa Kahl, President at: 516-633-1376
AUXILIARY CHARITABLE DONATIONS 2018/2019
If you have any charities you would like us to consider please bring this information to the May 7th membership meeting.
Auxiliary Membership dues are $15 per year from September to June. Dues are payable in person or by mail by December 1st of the current auxiliary year. Please make your check payable to the Ladies Auxiliary and mail to: Knights of Columbus, 2985 Kenneth Place, Oceanside, NY 11572 – Attn: Lisa Kahl, Ladies Auxiliary President. Kindly include a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Changes of email, address or phone should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be prepared with your membership card as it will be checked at every meeting by Noreen McCabe, Sergeant at Arms and attendance will be taken by Dorothy Morgan.
If you were 80 years old by September 4, 2018, you can be considered a Lifetime Member and your dues will be waived. You must provide proof to Interim Financial Secretary, Amy Bermudez, PP 516-384-9566
Please keep Doreen Caputi in your thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. If you know of a member who is sick or has had a recent death in the family, please notify Cynthia Ferraro at 516-678-1416
2018/2019 CALENDAR AT A QUICK GLANCE
All meetings are held first Tuesday of every month and will begin at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise notified
Tuesday, May 7th 2019 Lady of The Year
Monday, May 27th 2019 Memorial Day Parade
Tuesday, June 4th 2019 Installation
- It’s all for charity! Winnings over $4,000 paid each week!
- Knights of Columbus #3481 Membership Drive at St. Anthony's Church Cafeteria. Stop by and bring a friend that is interested in becoming a Knight of Council #3481. Coffee and cake will be served after masses between 8:00am-Noon. Contact GK Gene Peluso 516-404-0616
- Monday, May 6th at 8 pm in the Council Hall - Father Dan O’Brien will serve Mass in honor of those Knights and Ladies Auxiliary members who have passed away during the past year. Coffee and cake will be served after Mass. For more information, contact PGK Tim Pendleton 516-492-7132
MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCH
- Sunday, May 12th 10:00am-2:00pm - Buffet Brunch will be served from 10:30am and closes at 1:00pm. $20 adults; $10 children 9 and under. RESERVATIONS A MUST! Table minimum is 8 and maximum is 12. For further information on tickets and table reservations please call Catalina Guttilla, PP at: 347-723-2573